REVIEW – HUDA BEAUTY ROSE GOLD REMASTERED EDITION

Out of all the new release items this year, the Huda Beauty Rose Gold REMASTERED Edition would have to be not just the most awaited eyeshadow palettes to be launched in India, but also one of the most hyped palettes. The minute I saw this palette on nykaa.com, I knew that I NEEDED it because the shade range was right up my alley. I own their Desert Dusk palette and I was in sheer awe of it... but what I thought was love was barely even a crush! I must admit though, that I do not own the original rose gold textured eyeshadow palette from HUDA Beauty, but I have heard a lot of fantastic reviews about it. There have been some mixed reviews about this palette too and I wanted to break it down for you with my first impressions.

Review of the Huda Beauty Rose Gold Remastered Eyeshadow Palette

Packaging:

The palette comes in an attractive rose gold slide out cardboard case . The outer packaging showcases Huda's favourite look with their strategic gold accents on the palette and on the eyeshadow of the eye logo. The first thing I noticed about this palette is how slim and compact it was for a palette having a mirror inside. It is made out of a black cardboard with a cover that flips open and has a magnetic closure. I do like the look of the palette and how sturdy it is, also, for the price point, I liked the expensive look/feel, packaging especially since it comes with a built in mirror, to let you perfect your make up on the go! There is no applicator brush ,however, that doesn't really matter as the quality of the shadows within this palette definitely makes up for this.




Value:

I purchased this palette from the Nykaa website for ₹4850. i bought it at the time when there was an offer and I qualified for a free mini matte nude lipstick also (which kinda made it worth the bucks spent)! I must say the delivery was extremely fast as I ordered on a Saturday and it was delivered on a Monday, which is pretty good considering it was a public holiday on Sunday.

Beautiful mix of Melted Metal, Pressed pearl, Matte and Black wet & dry application Eyeshadows!

This palette is on the pricey side of the palette spectrum. Within the palette is 0.63 oz of product over 18 eyeshadows. When compared with the eyeshadow palettes available in the Indian Market like the Maybelline nudes (₹860/12 shades), Make up Revolution (₹1950/ 30 shades), NYX palette (₹1500/ 10 shades), this one will definitely make your pocket a lot lighter! However, I feel that in terms of the quality and finish that the product offers, the price for this palette is not totally unreasonable.

Shade Range:

The shade range within this palette isn’t revolutionary or unique, however, the formula of the shadows is definitely worth a mention. Raising the bar with her unique formula she’s created a palette of highly saturated mattes, pressed pearls, the dry and wet application black shadow and melted metal shadows. Talc-free and buildable, the colors deliver maximum payoff for easy on-the-go, or came-to-slay metallic and smokey looks. I can see this palette being used for everyday looks, to even bridal looks, especially Indian brides with warm undertones.


The Palette has Four finishes;
-  08 X Matte eyeshadows in Risque, Doll face, Demure, Suede, Coco, Man-eater, Henna, Sandalwood.

-  08 X Melted Metal EyeShadows in Dubai, Fling, Trust fund, Rose gold, Pink Diamond, 24K, Blessed, Bubbly

-  01 X Pressed Pearl Eyeshadow in Moon Dust.

-  The Black Truffle Eyeshadow which can be used as a dry and wet application.

Shades Decoded

Formula:

I will talk about the formula in terms of the Four different finishes and I will go into any detail about the formula of any individual shadows worth mentioning down below with the swatches.


Matte Eye Shadows:

As opposed to the reviews online, I personally did not find them to be even close to being powdery. These shadows do not contain any talc and are very finely milled, super velvety shadows. I felt that these shadows did not swatch as well on the arms as they do on application to the eyes. I think this is because they do not contain any talc, so they don’t give any of that kick back of shadow and it is more difficult to get product when swatching with fingertips. My personal recommendation... Definitely do not take the swatches at face value, go and try them at a Nykaa or a Sephora Store and trust me you will be pleasantly surprised.


Melted Metal Eye Shadows:
There are 8 Melted Metal shadows which are the most insane metal fondants for your lids. These shadows are very creamy and pigmented. They have one swipe pigmentation and are best applied with fingertips. Swatches of these shadows definitely do not do justice to the actual finish as it works like a dream on the eyes.

Pressed Pearl Shadows:
The pressed pearl in Moon Dust is creamy with a fine shimmer, very pigmented and can easily be blended. It glides on the eyelids like a dream.

The Dry and Wet shadow in Black truffle:
Oh! If you are looking for THE black Eyeshadow, your search ends here! This gorgeous Black Beauty is not only super blendable and intensely pigmented, it works like the darkest eyeliner when applied with a wet brush.

Results:

The matte shadows in this palette blend like a dream, however, I did notice a little fall out of glitter from the Melted Metal Eyeshadows while blending the edges, but that is negligible and can be easily dusted out. I feel it would be wiser to apply the eyeshadow first, so that any fall out can be cleaned before applying the foundation. (I usually prefer doing the base first for some reason!)

Best Application:


For the melted metal shadows, it is best to use your fingertips, however, if you have longer nails, a synthetic flat shader brush is probably the way to go. I love my PAC cosmetics brushes for applying eyeshadows. I use the following brushes;


Crease – (PAC 103) Tapered Blending Brush to apply and blend transition shade
Lid – (PAC 207) Flat Shader Brush to press and slide the shimmer shades to lid

Outer Corner – (PAC 210) Large Blender Brush to add depth to the outer corner
Inner Corner – (PAC 260)Pencil Brush to highlight the inner corner

Swatches:

Swatches

Overall Verdict:


I am absolutely in love with the Melted Metal shadows, more so with the pressed pearls eyeshadow. I envision myself using this palette regularly. Even though it’s on the expensive side, I am really glad that I bought it as I know I will be able to exploit it. If you are someone who loves eyeshadow palettes and uses them regularly, you will love this. If you are a beginner though, you would have to think if this palette is worth the price point. There are cheaper palettes that are of great quality and are available in the Indian market, but they probably won’t have the wow factor that the melted Metal shadows in this palette bring... Consider this as a complete wardrobe for your eyes, no matter what the mood or the occasion!



I will be using this palette for my makeovers in the coming weeks. I will update my blog post if my view on anything changes.

What do you think about this Huda Beauty Rose Gold Remastered Eyeshadow palette? Let me know in the comments below!

Also if you have any questions about this product, leave them in the comments below. I will get back to you with the answers as soon as I can!

Stay Beautiful!

Comments

Popular Posts